RE: Lasix (Furosemide) #1

Read article under discussion: Lasix (Furosemide) ►

Anja
25 March 2012
14:15
My cousin has edema and the doctor prescribed her Lasix. Now she thinks she is pregnant and she is not sure whether she can take the medicine or not. The doctor has gone on holiday and she needs advice. Can pregnant women take Lasix?
reply quote
Patrick
23 July 2012
04:50
I used this medication for half a year together with Hydrochlorothiazide to cure hypertension or edema and it didn’t work at all. My first dose was 20mg pill one time a day. The treatment lasted for two months. I raised the dose to 40mg and was taking it for four months one time a day. I didn’t receive any result and my legs are swelling like they were before. However, the blood pressure is back to normal. The side effect that I had was a headache.
reply quote
Reagan
28 August 2012
07:29
My legs were swelling, so I had to take this medicine for one week. It helped me a lot and my condition is much better. You can get over the side effects. I had little headaches and I wanted to urinate all the time.
reply quote
Jamie
04 October 2012
19:11
Mom has an allergy to Sulfa. She is for post open heart surgery anyerism repair and resulting Congestive Heart Faiure in 2010. Mom was prescribed lasix post surgery because of the resulting CHF. This returned in May, and she was misdiagnosed with COPD for a week. They gave her IV prednisone in huge amounts for this week (which made her way worse) anyways.. Finally I got them to give her IV lasix. It drained like 5 gallons of water out of her. She was better in a day. I forced them to put her back on the pills. 3 months later she developed rash all over, hives, that was finally biopsied and its definitely a drug allergy, not a contact allergy... So now what? she really needs this lasix. HTC is the same thing basically, so thats not going to work.. What is a diretic that is ok for sulfa allergies??
reply quote
Agustin
12 November 2012
04:56
I was looking for the best medicine and now I have it. There are so many tablets, that I was taking, which were other fluid pills that are sold by prescription and some OTC fluid pills, but they didn’t give such effect like this medicine.
reply quote
Binky
30 January 2013
10:40
Does Lasix cause weight gain or bloating of any kind?
reply quote
Ellen
01 March 2013
08:21
what should a patient on IV lasix do now that it is on natl backorder???????
reply quote
Nancy
21 March 2013
01:09
ellenLooking for this everywhere My Mom needs this 40mg I.V. push, this backorder has been going on for some time. Is there a replacement drug that does the same? Thank You
reply quote
Andrea
11 January 2017
05:53
Thank you very helpful info.
reply quote

Write your comment:

How much 18 + 26 =

If you enter your e-mail you will receive notice about new replies.

Lasix
Site indexMedicines onlineInteresting to readCommentaries
TabletsManual.com © 2012